Send bulk SMS as a simple and inexpensive marketing weapon which will keep your customers happy.
- Depending on the volume, the cost of an SMS will cost as little 25c to 42c a message, making this a cost-effective marketing tool. Cents add up to Rands and Rands in turn add up to thousands.
- Value added by SMS provides a perfect platform for targeted communication, but should be used with a strategy in place.
- In today’s world bulk SMS messages should be targeted rather than broadcast.
- SMS is a personal way of communicating, which grabs your attention immediately; it is also quite invasive, therefore target your market with care as SMS’s could be annoying and bear no relevance or value.
- It is a good idea to give people an opportunity to be asked first and then be given a chance to opt out if they so wish.
- It is advisable to examine contexts in which an SMS adds value to business processes such as reports and updates for anything from car repairs, updates on the progress of telephone line repairs, etc.
- It is annoying to be kept in the dark; therefore progress reports make a huge difference to consumers.
Here are a couple of marketing tips to bear in mind
- Start off with a marketing strategy
- Compile a benefits list
- Be passionate about your campaign
- Involve your community
- Following up is all-important
- Research your customer base and put a needs analysis together
- Online marketing is important
- Designate a marketer for assistance
- Customer is king
The same tactics will not work for every entrepreneur, so pick what is right for your company. The key to your marketing strategy is to select the weapons that will work for you, that are applicable to your markets and customers and one that you can afford mentally and financially. You cannot do it all. Start off with something that is both easy and effective; send bulk SMS and then combine a strategy with other weapons that will work for your business.